Saturday, September 10, 2011

my world

Life is concentrated in a suburban house in Johannesburg's leafy northern suburbs. Satellite pictures show this city as a forest - there are trees in every garden as well as lining the streets.

I am not alone in this suburban house. My wife is constantly at work on one of her paintings. You guessed! An artist. She is known as an abstract expressionist though this would vary according to the paintings. She has her own online gallery at Lawlie's Art. Check it out.

Our three son's come and go at all hours. They are all grown up and have lives of their own.

Then there is Pablo - not another artist but a rough collie - and Zena the Siamese cat.

My life is now focused on writing and developing my musical skills. These are the activities that are  going to keep me alive for the next few years - something that may (or may not) become clearer over time. Then there is always photography - just seeking out a new camera. A cell phone camera or an iPad don't quite do it! even if I am impressed with the iPhone 4 camera, it certainly has its limitations.

This little bird was found in the street. We attempted a rescue.
Mel's Drive-in - one of my wife's pieces. 





No comments:

Post a Comment