Friday, October 28, 2011

iOS 5 causing havoc

Since the IOS upgrade I have been unable to post any blog posts from my iPad. This is somewhat problematic as the other computers in the house are generally in use for other purposes. Besides, what is the point of an expensive item such as an iPad if you are prevented from doing a whole range of things on the browser.

iPad was sold as being the best browsing experience ever. To me it has been disappointing. To start, the editing facilities are poor. It is very difficult to type accurately and even more difficult to get back to what you have typed when done.

When I use Opera, Chrome, IE, almost all of the functions of most sites work. The links work. If there is a facility to write and edit it can be done. Why don't half of these sites work on Safari!! After installing iOS 5, even fewer sites work. A major let down from what is supposed to be the creme de la creme of computer companies.

To get around the inability to post problem, I tried using one of the apps that allow you to create and edit documents. It is called documents. It seemed to work okay though I still could not post to Blogger. I exported the document to Google docs - the only remaining option. The result was totally unusable. There was an extra space between every character so I had no choice but to retype it and submit via my computer.

I really hope that someone sorts out these issues soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment