Tuesday, November 1, 2011

online again

It has been a rather frantic time. Renovations, no matter how small are always disruptive. Then there is the waiting.

Back to chemo again tomorrow. The last session was Monday a week ago. I thought that I understood the pattern but with each passing week I get to understand the pattern better. The final realization is that there is no pattern. Each time, the effect may be unique. Chemo on Monday. I felt alive and energised on Monday and Tuesday. Then on Wednesday afternoon WHAM! Out for the count. Now where this is changing from previous weeks is that for much of Thursday and Friday the fatigue remained. I returned to feeling fully normal on Sunday. Well almost.

Then there is the question of side effects. There are some that I don't get and some that I do. I have intimate experience with the fatigue. I have also had extensive, itchy skin rashes from the other chemo that comes as a tablet.

But you discover more and more as you go. Just because you have been lucky enough to escape one of the primary side effects for three months doesn't mean you'll escape it next time. So when I say that I don't get nausea and vomiting (well hardly ever), it doesn't mean that I won't.

Looking forward to our holiday in December. Two and a half weeks away from everything and a nice break from the chemo. Then, I guess, its all back to normal.

My condition at present is stable. I look okay and am apparently doing well for someone with pancreas cancer.  It is all down to staying positive (well, that plays a part) or as the doctor says, "it depends on the patient".

No comments:

Post a Comment