Tuesday, November 8, 2011

another day

​Tuesday evening. Another hot blue day with clear skies and just a hint of a breeze. The sun beats down. Just a few minutes of this on my head could cause serious sunburn. My skin is lays new, sensitive and thin. The latest addition to my wardrobe is a Panama hat. Made in China but a Panama nonetheless.

​This week, specifically Wednesday, is my week off. My week off chemo. A well deserved break and a chance to recover from some of the side effects. So this time provides an opportunity to stretch a little. To do things I don't always do. Of course the best is that (hopefully) I can avoid that fatigue. It is the fatigue that limits what I do.

​Back at home, the renovations are almost complete. The building, plumbing and tiling have all been done leaving the need for a splash of paint and a shower door. The renovations were all about adding new bathrooms to the house. A brand new bathroom in the maid's building and And indoor conversion that has resulted in a second bathroom. At last! After all these years.

​I found the building activity a little disturbing. It placed additional demands on me, and the constant activity stops me from being able to fully relax and feel completely at home, at home! I'm glad it's nearly over.

​The weather is set on a path of blue skies and high temperatures at east until the weekend. Perhaps it is time to try out our now blue and clear pool. I'm certain that swimming can only benefit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment