Friday, November 4, 2011

No support for iPad in South Africa


I decided to give Apple a chance to resolve my blogging problem from the iPad. The issue is that no matter what browser I use, when I attempt to publish the post simply vanishes and all that I am left with is an error. The problem began after upgrading to iOS 5 the latest Mac operating system.

I tried the support route. The electronic solution was simple nonsense and had nothing to do with my problem.  The next step was to follow the link and have a consultant call me back through the express support channel. Just one problem. Only a handful of countries qualify for this. Why? Living in South Africa, the iPad is sold at a premium! There is a link for support in other countries. For South Africa, that support is limited to specific issues with the iPhone. Not very impressive if you ask me.

Now all that I can hope for is that someone from Apple will read my blog and respond. For this post, I am emailing the post to the blog. Then it should be published automatically.

... Well, the email option didn't work. That is a Google issue though. I ended up copying the post onto Google Docs then getting onto a REAL computer and posting the post from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment