Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday was chemo day and the first day of an entirely new treatment. We finished late in the afternoon and arrived home exhausted at about 5:00 p.m.

It wasn't long before I began to feel much stronger. Newly energised and much healthier.

Today has been pretty good too. Up at 6:00 a.m. Two of my sons are driving down to Knysna and I was up to pack the cooler bags. We will be joining them for over two weeks after a short flight on Thursday. Feeling well is certainly a help. The discomfort and lack of energy of just a few days ago seems to have gone - for now! The day carried on with visits to the vet, the airport, the shops, the pharmacy and the bank. My pans for a braai (barbecue) fell through because of the weather so my steaks were simply grilled.

The boys have stopped for the night at Graaf Reinet, about four hour away from the destination. Tomorrow we must ach and prepare whatever we need for the trip.

Knysna is in the Western Cape, on the famous garden route. It lies on a lagoon, the entrance of which is maked by enormous heads. Photos will follow. I am also looking forward to exploring the elephant park and other places of interest in the area.

What a difference a few hours have made to the way that I feel! I just hope it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment