Sunday, November 27, 2011

A long, tough week

A tough week. Discomfort in the abdomen, poor digestion and bloatedness. On Wednesday I arrived for my chemo and did the blood tests. Then we waited for ages. The doctor apologized, he wanted time to talk and had to get through the chemo patients first. The marker had changed significantly, so the next step was an ultrasound scan.

Two people did the scan. The most significant result was that the lesions in the liver had grown, but they were still in the liver.

Back to the doctor, and a new treatment beginning tomorrow. Now I must hope that the new treatment will be effective. It seems that for four months the previous treatment kept my condition stable, so it worked for a while. Now I can feel the lesions. After the podding during the scan they became quite painful.

So here I am hoping that I'll be reenergised again and that the discomfort will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment